Saturday, July 27, 2013

Blogger Mobile App

Hey there! In effort to keep up with this blog, I decided to check out the blogger app. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long, but clearly it has. 

If you know me, you know I have an unhealthy relationship with my phone... I live on my favorite apps: Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin', Facebook, and Rhonna Designs. Plus I text WAY too much and email as well. 

So, this is basically a trial run to see how blogging on the go works. I figure there are a lot of times where I don't post because I don't want to have to go sit at the computer, so here I am.

Here's the update: these last few weeks have been both stressful and great. Basically, with fall approaching and still no jobs in site, I decided to revamp my résumé, and boy am I glad that I did! 

After changing it up to a more eye-catching résumé that started from a Microsoft Word template (I'll post it for you if you would like), I had two calls for interviews in two days. 

The bigger news? I got a job! Yep. A big girl job in a company that has room to grow! 



I went into my interview with the intent to not take the job because the pay was lower than my expectations and I have had other interviews, and held other jobs, with higher pay. This position, however, was one that requires only a bachelors and a substance abuse counselor certification, so I was both overqualified by having my master's and under qualified by not being a registered substance abuse counselor. 

In the final stages of the interview, the CEO and Program Manager spoke with me about my interest in the position. I will be working directly in a school providing substance abuse counseling and teaching drug/alcohol and life skills classes. The CEO and director feel that my skills can quickly allow me to move in a more mental health and clinical direction in maybe a year and that I will have a unique skills set based on my experiences in marriage and family therapy, school counseling, teaching, and then adding the substance abuse counseling experience that I will gain from this position on top. 

I explained my interest in the job, but also my hesitations for the position. I figured they would place me at a low or mid-range salary and that I might have to use my expert haggling skills to make it work for me (all that thrift shopping/all those yard sales might pay off!). Instead, they stepped out and returned with an offer of pay that is higher than the position offers. They explained they feel I could be a strong asset in the future, but they needed me to commit to this "lower" position this year (although the job still sounds very exciting). To make sure I would be more satisfied with the position, they offered a higher salary. Woot woot! Talk about making a girl feel wanted! No haggling necessary! 

The company seems to be making some big steps in mental health and substance abuse treatment and I look forward to making my mark as a counselor. A friend from school works there and loves it, plus I can still volunteer at the ranch where I have been providing EquineFacilitated  Psychotherapy! It's win win. 

So, I have one more week as a substitute teacher and then I start my new job. I'm excited and scared all at once, but my gut tells me it's going to be great! 

On top of everything, the hubby was promoted to the shop foreman at his work! It's just good news all around! 

So, of course, we had to go celebrate! 


Any good news you have experienced lately? Tell me about it! 

Xoxo, 
Caitlin 



2 comments:

  1. I am definitely interested in the format you used. I need to update mine and have been procrastinating, because it is such a pain. Do share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to write a resume - Creating a resume is a skill which needs practice and better understanding about your determination. Be 100% sure that spending another couple of minutes to learn how to make a resume will bring a ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in at That House on the Corner! We appreciate all comments and although I cannot always respond to each one individually, I try my best!

Thanks again,
Caitlin @ That House on the Corner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails